What is the principle of parking radar?
The parking radar system uses ultrasonic sensors to determine the distance between the front or rear bumper and obstacles.
Where is the parking radar located?
Depending on the model configuration, the parking radar is distributed in the front or rear of the bumper.
What are the precautions for using parking radar?
The intelligent technology of the parking radar system cannot exceed the limits specified by the laws of physics and can only work within the system limits. Don’t risk driving just because the parking radar system improves comfort. Parking radar systems cannot replace the driver’s attention.
● Unexpected movement of the vehicle may result in serious injury.
●Always match your speed and driving style to visibility, weather conditions, road conditions and traffic conditions.
● Ultrasonic sensors have blind areas where they cannot detect people and objects.
● Always keep an eye on the car’s surroundings, as the ultrasonic sensor cannot detect small children, animals and objects in all circumstances.
● Certain surfaces of objects and clothing may not reflect the ultrasonic sensor signal. These objects and persons wearing such clothing cannot be recognized by the system or may be incorrectly recognized by the system.
● External sound sources may affect the ultrasonic sensor signal. At the same time, persons and objects may not be identified in certain situations.
Various factors can affect the function of the parking radar system or cause damage to the car and its surroundings.
● In some cases, the ultrasonic sensor may not detect things such as trailer drawbars, thin poles, fences, isolation posts, trees and opened or opening trunk lids.
● If the parking radar system has already detected an obstacle and issued a warning message, it will not detect shorter or higher obstacles when the car approaches. No warning notification will be issued for these obstacles. Ignoring previous warnings from the parking radar system can result in serious vehicle damage.
● The ultrasonic sensor may be displaced or damaged due to a collision (for example, while parking).
● Dirt or ice on the ultrasonic sensor can be recognized as an obstacle in some cases. Ultrasonic sensors should be kept clean, free of ice and snow, and not covered by stickers or other items.
● Repainting or touch-up of the ultrasonic sensor may affect the function of the parking radar system.
● When cleaning the ultrasonic sensor with a high-pressure cleaner or steam cleaner, you can only spray directly at the ultrasonic sensor briefly, and you must keep a distance of more than 10 cm from it at all times.
● Noise sources that may cause the parking radar system to emit erroneous information are, for example, rough asphalt, cobblestones, induction coils, construction machinery and interference from other vehicles.
● Installing additional accessories on the car, such as bicycle racks or license plate holders, may affect the functionality of the parking radar system.
If you need any help finding the right product for your application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.